Original Formula Product Advantages
Contego PFB is a full-bodied latex, single component coating designed to protect a wide range of building materials including structural steel, aluminum, dimensional lumber, manufactured wood products, trusses, drywall, spray polyurethane foam insulation, HDPE wall panels, concrete, plaster, solid core doors, and more. The product may also be used for conduit, decking, and cladding.
Contego’s ORIGINAL FORMULA (52% solids) creates an extremely smooth protective finish. Unlike our HIGH SOLIDS variant it can be applied with a brush, roller, mitt, or sprayer.
Exceptional protection from heat and fire.
- Smooth, thin, architectural grade finish.
- Top coat with whatever you prefer — alkyds, acrylics, or lacquer.
- Extremely smooth finish.
- Non-toxic, non-dermatic, and non-carcinogenic latex.
- Economically priced.
- Fast drying and curing times.
- Can be pre-applied to steel and other materials during fabrication and is easy to repair.
- No special equipment is required. Apply with brush, roller, mitt, or standard sprayer.
- Interior or exterior application (use an exterior grade top coat for exterior applications).
- Cleans up with soap and water.
- No shelf life limitations and does not need to be periodically reapplied.
*ORIGINAL FORMULA’s chemical signature is identical to the High Solids (“HS”) variant and can be used interchangeably. However, it contains less volume solids (52% by volume; 53.5% by weight) than the HS variant.